Lazada's Shop Til You Blog: My First Invitation Event

9:50:00 PM

A few weeks ago I was given the privilege to meet Mico and Aya of Lazada Philippines, and they introduced me to their affiliate program for bloggers. So, before heading to the topic I'd like to make one thing clear: Yes, I am promoting Lazada but No, that is not the sole purpose of my post.


I am writing this because I had an experience, and it's a FIRST and I want to share it with you. Sir Mico and Ma'am Aya invited me to Lazada's invitational event for lifestyle bloggers; Shop Til You Blog. It took place yesterday at the newest building in Ayala Ave, Discovery Primea Hotel. It was so fancy!

The Event's Venue
When I entered the building, I knew what I was in for: an exclusive invitational event for pros. Yikes. I was aware enough that the invited bloggers would be professionals and I'm pretty sure I was the only one who walked in through the entrance of the building, everyone else seemed to have come from the parking lot. Bip-bip. But that's okay, because my job makes me sit in front of the laptop for hours, so walking = exercise = awesome!


Discovery Primea Hotel is no average building, it emits "class" combined with practicality. So it's not all glass and marbles, it's also simple and efficient. I am talking about the interior, in case I got you thinking. Sorry about that, moving on... Here's what our event's room looked like. Lazada is definitely not holding out on its bloggers on this one.


Fashion Blogger Kryz Uy's Advice
Part of the event was a talk given out by Kryz Uy, a well-known fashion blogger. She shared about her roots in blogging and tips on how to present your posts, photos (especially on Instagram) and even how to deal with haters. It was refreshing to find that Kryz Uy was not snooty or mataray like I was led to believe about fashionistas. Sorry, I don't know the right word to describe fashion bloggers, um... fashionable people? You get the point. 


Kryz shared tips that applied to all kinds of bloggers and although most of what she said I already knew, she was kind enough to emphasize that No One can be You betterIt is something that I learned first and foremost from Ma'am Ginger Arboleda from Manila Workshops.

Florian Holm's Marketing Tips for Bloggers

Lazada's Marketing Chief, Sir Florian Holm reminded me of Neville Longbottom (the hot version). I apologize if my references are starting to become too...awkward. Moving on, Florian helped the bloggers understand the "cash flow" of the affiliate program and gave us tips on how to improve our commission.


He gave a more comprehensive look at how Lazada's affiliate program can help the blogging community and vice versa. It was refreshing to hear that their program is not focused on "earning" and "advertisement" but building relations and Improvement.

This is a big PLUS for me, because if I am going to make a habit of accepting offers I prefer those that are wholesome, has a deeper, well-meaning purpose and not money-focused.

Inanc Balci CEO of Lazada
It turned out to be an important event, since the co-founder and CEO of Lazada Inanc Balci was there himself, and shared their vision and goals for Lazada.


I apologize again to the readers, Lazada and Sir Inanc (if he ever stumbles on this) but I thought he was cute. Not cute in a sense that I'm attracted to him, but cute in a sense that I feel he's as intricate as he is short and that he has a dynamite personality when it comes to business, and his eyes says "assertive". Inanc Balci has the same aura as some of the people I know and it's the good kind. It was comfortable to hear him speak and maybe that made me trust what he said.

My Experience
Aside from the delicious food, (yeah, well, give me a fruit tart and some tiramisu and I'm yours) Lazada was kind enough to hold some games for the attendees, raffles and giveaways. There was a digital Bring-Me, Best Instagram Post and Tweet challenge as well. Oh, here's a view of what I ate. I'm sorry I'm a sucker for good food. Don't judge me, I like eating. That fruit tart nearly highlighted my day.



There was a lot of games with enticing prices like Polaroid glasses, headphones and Timex watches. To be honest, i could not remember the names of all the sponsors, but I do have a favorite, Proppy socks :D I like colorful things, if it's not obvious enough. Anyway, I can't describe the whole event because a lot happened so here are some photos instead. 


There was also a mini-game courtesy of Polaroid glasses where you shoot hoops through these colorful bottles. It's very attractive and it's the only booth that allows people to interact with the product. They encouraged me to try a few shades on but, I was too shy... plus I have glasses on so. It's not gonna work haha!


How I Managed
I honestly did not know what to do and who to talk to. At first, I was intimidated because most of the crowd were fashion bloggers and there were already groups in the event. It seems that almost everybody knows everybody already and that made me feel like a tadpole in a koi fish pond.

Luckily I was able to befriend someone and an experienced blogger, Ma'am Corrine of Single Mom Super Mom. I had read some of her posts before and it was exciting that I got to meet the person behind those articles. She made the whole event feel more natural for me. I want to just say Thank you tita Coreen! I appreciate everything! I'm sorry I never got a photo with you, but I hope we can meet again someday. 


I realize now that I am still naive and new to the industry. Putting myself out there is really helping me understand that I am now part of a verrrrryyy big community that relies a lot on social media. I am both excited and afraid, and for the first time I think it's an appropriate reaction.

I really should brush up on my social skills, because I couldn't find much in common with most of the bloggers at the event. I'm sure there's something to talk about, I just need to practice on how to be more approachable and how to approach others. Noted!

What I Got from the Event
I will make this brief because my post has run on for too long, you've probably skipped half of it if not scrolled through to the end. Here are the benefits I sowed from Lazada's #ShopTilYouBlog event. #LazadaPH

  • Freebies! I am not cheap, I'm real. I like freebies and so do you.
  • A new acquaintance; Tita Corrine.
  • A new method of earning: Lazada's Affiliate Program.
  • Intro to the world of blogging (the community).
  • Realizations: I look like I don't comb my hair but that's okay because Content is More Important (sabi po ni Ma'am Kryz eh)

Shopping with Lazada
What Sir Inanc shared with us was sensible and true: Lazada offers convenient online shopping that allows buyers to trust them in their own terms. It's the first online shopping site that provides Cash on Delivery payment. The only services I know that does that is Pizza delivery, and I personally feel that it's the kind of convenience that work-at-home parents like me can definitely take advantage of. When I first heard of Lazada, the immediate comparison that came to mind was Amazon except this one is local and I can be sure my products are legitimate.

Lazada's Affiliate Program (In a Nutshell)
So basically, if you're an affiliate blogger of Lazada, you will earn through incentives for every successful transaction, provided that the buyer visited Lazada through your blog or website. For example, if you click this link of mine and then buys something from Lazada and pays for it, I get to earn between 5% and 10% depending on the product you purchase.
(sige na pindutin mo na yung link *wink* *wink*)


Lazada will know that the buyer was directed to their site from yours via personalized links. The percentages of commissions vary depending on the kind of product the buyer purchases from Lazada, courtesy of your blog.

So the more buyers you direct to Lazada, the more you earn. So, let's say bloggers are, in a way,the sales people except there's no need for showcasing and over-advertisement. Lazada will simply borrow a small space from your blog and in exchange, you earn when someone visits through it. Simple enough, right?

How to Become and Affiliate
If you are interested, you can apply for Lazada's Affiliate Program through this link. Or if you like clicking photos, here's one below :) Click away!


If you do prefer to talk about it first, or would like to know more about, send me a message and I'll be happy to help. Here are my contact details. Sorry about that, I like hyperlinks :)

Wrapping it Up!
So that's about it. I practically wrote a short novel and I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I didn't want to leave anything out. This post ate up half my day already and I wasn't even able to show all my photos.

But, you know...if I gave out any more information you'd condemn me na and I don't want to bore anyone. I hope you find this post useful, especially for first-time bloggers like me and... that's about it. I'm out of words. Cheers!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share your thoughts, suggestions, feedback. I'm happy to improve on my blog!

Powered by Blogger.

Advertisement

Responsive Ad Spot

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

[cars][grids]

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)