The Different Types of Mommies
Not all moms have the same lifestyle though, some work in the office and some work at home. Some have nannies to care for their children, or helpers to do the housework. Some do it all on their own; work from home, cook the meals, clean the garage, do the laundry and stay the gorgeous wife. Oh, you know you're a mom with a whole lot of other details. We call them Supermoms. Of course, at some point each mom has been a Supermom, especially those who have two kids or more that manage to keep sane.
Signs You're a Work-at-Home Kind of Mom
Being a work at home mom, I've been reading other mommy blogs during my free time, which is usually when my Nimmy is sound asleep. That's 2 hours at most, and 30 minutes at least. Whenever I try to find inspiration from other work-at-home-moms, now popularly referred to as WAHMS, I can't help but see a lot of things we have in common from daily habits to multi-tasking to planning and even how we think in general.
From occasional blog-hopping, here's what I gathered up: Signs you are Definitely a WAHM!
- Your Diet Consists of Leftovers
- I sometimes find myself eating the food that my son just chewed and spit out. It feels involuntary but when i think about it, i don't want to waste food... plus.. it's cake.
- Taking a Shower is a PRIVILEGE.
- I typed that in All Caps to put emphasis to the fact that I only get to shower at midnight and there are days it's so friggin' cold I want to murder the towel.
- You Constantly Find Yourself Wanting to Earn More
- I want to buy those Veggie Snacks for my son, and I also want a sewing machine, plus I want a PS3 for my husband and I want swimming lessons for my son again, and mueslix because it'ssoooooo tasty and I feel like I'm being healthy even when I don't really eat enough.
- You Don't Know What's Going On in The World but You're Updated on Disney
- I have no idea why I'm watching Sofia the First with my son. my SON.
- It's Almost 10x Harder when you Don't Wake up Before your Kids
- Your work piles up for later, or the next day. In which case, you have twice the work in less the time required. Holy frock!
- You're Constantly Waiting for Your Kid to Nap
- Checking the clock, checking the clock, it's almost 2pm why isn't he sleeping yet!
- You Don't Sleep by 8 pm Because Nobody in their Right Mind Sleeps at 8 pm
- Sleep is for the weak...but it's sooooo good to be weak :(
- You Maximize The Use of Your Time/ Multi-Task
- Sometimes I shower the dog while my kid's in a tub outside as I water the plants. I soap my kid, then I soap the dog and then I wash all three (dog, kid, plants) with a hose. It might sound irresponsible but it works for the two, the dog seems happy and my son is Definitely having fun. I'm soaked but that's a different story: I clean the bathroom while taking a bath while my son is watching Cars in the living room.
- You Wish Nap Time Was More than 1 Hour
- Because HONESTLY, I can barely do any work (writing) in an hour, especially when I'm experiencing a creative block. A very hard, persistent and annoying block.
- When People Ask How You are The Universal Reply is "Still the Same"
- If I had to say how I really am I'd rather publish an autobiography with my signature on it and have people pay for a copy.
- You Almost Have a Permanent Daily Schedule for Everything
- I used to get up at 5 am to do an hour's worth of house cleaning + garage + dogs, after which I may or may not take a shower before cooking my son a meal and more tasks and more and more until my son is finally asleep at night and I can finally do some real writing. Of course, situations change, so now I'm more laid back at home and enjoying the advantages of having relatives in the house.
- You Enjoy or Reaaallly Enjoy Promos, Discounts, On Sales and Giveaways
- Free coffee for a blog post? A free pack of diaper samples for just registering? FREE? FREEEE?!?! YES PLEASE!
- Your Smartphone or Tablet is Full of Kids' Games and Apps
- My tablet has no capacity for anything else anymore. The only useful app I have in there for me is the cam scanner. That's it.
- You Can Barely Use Your Smartphone or Tablet Because of This
- We end up fighting and throwing our own fits of anger when it comes to whose using it now. In the end, nobody wins because I have to hide it so my son will just stop wailing.
- Sometimes Cooking Is a Nuisance, But You Do it Anyway for the Kids
- I seriously don't mind not eating when I have multiple deadlines to catch up on. I might be a workaholic at times, but my kid is a hungry machine. I believe his appetite will prevent me from ever gaining weight, ever.
- You Consider Being Able to Take a Dump as "Me Time"
- It's a heavenly time for me. I can do just about anything while I'm on the toilet. I can write, draw or just surf online. Those 10-15 minutes are a blessing to me.
- You Secretly Want a Dog for a Nanny That Can Swim, Bottle Feed, Change Diaper, Bathe and Converse with Your Kids.....no that's just me, I think.
- Yeahh...it's just me. I don't like people nannies, they can never care for your child the way you want...and I have so much bad experience with helpers, I don't trust people I don't know.
- The Words "Wait", "Later" and "Stop" Are Part of your Hourly Vocabulary
- "Wait lang ha, may tatapusin lang si mama...oh wag ka dyan, mamaya na tayo dyan baka malaglag ka. Miggyyy stop! Sabing wag eh.. STOP!" --end of writing.