The Day Our Washer Broke

8:44:00 AM

Normally, I'd be doing the laundry on my own while my son is busy exploring our backyard.


This time, however, the washing machine broke so I had to do it by hand. It's one of those "Fuuuuuu-!!!" moments where you really need to get chores out of the way so you could work.

(Are you a work at home mom like me? Find out here!)

My husband just got home from work with hardly any sleep, so there goes my assistant. And since child labor is illegal in my country I had to come up with something else.


So what do you do when you can't "make" your child do the chores with you? And I though *POOF!* Turn it into playtime!

Yep, I found a loophole.


If course at first I scrubbed and washed the clothes with my own hands. It's just after two pairs of pants and a towel I got really tired.

My arms are so thin they'd snap if you jokingly chopped them. That's the sum of my physical strength, so I ended up using my feet. Not my head, dears.


I made sure to wash my feet really well before going in and did the same for my son. And wow, he really enjoyed it!


We each had our own buckets, a small one for a small guy and a bigger one for the lazy mom @_@. What's challenging is coming up with a way to make this Not Boring for my kid.

At first we did the Marching in place, obviously. Then we started "killing" the bubbles and then flattening the bloating clothes.


We did this for about 30 minutes, a good enough mimic of a washing machine cycle? Probably not, but what the heck, my arms already felt like jelly so I used what other limbs I had.


In the end he got bored and I decided to let him swim on his own Big bucket while I rinsed the laundry.

It was tiring, and took a while but at least my son and I got to do something together. I wasn't "too busy" for him and I was able to do my laundry at the same time!


Awesome, right? Who else feels like a winner today?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share your thoughts, suggestions, feedback. I'm happy to improve on my blog!

Powered by Blogger.

Advertisement

Responsive Ad Spot

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

[cars][grids]

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)